SO, WHY IS MONITORING A COMPLEX BUSINESS?
- Different technologies are monitored differently (Hardware, Appliances, Software, Applications …)
- Different technologies use different protocols (SNMP, WMI, SSH …) for monitoring
- The parameters are defined by the technology vendors, there are not standard parameter sets
- There is no consistent definition of parameters (what do you need to monitor and why do you need to monitor this parameter)
- There are too many parameters per technology.
Vendors address this complexity by delivering monitors that are:
- Too generic (too many parameters and events)
- The parameters will need to be tuned to be usable
- Parameters are not transferable between technologies.
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Application monitoring
- End User Experience monitoring
- Cloud monitoring
- Log monitoring
When you need to monitor a device or software, you are always confronted with the question: what and how do you need to monitor a specific technology. Most of the time, there are a lot of parameters and it is not always clear which ones are of value and what the ideal value should be. Add to that the different monitoring protocols and options and you know that this can become a difficult and time-consuming exercise.Many tools provide too much irrelevant data and alerts and not enough insight to take the appropriate actions. We deliver MonitorNow as a Service and we focus on the value for ICT operations. Our large production environment helps us to constantly improve MonitorNow and our level of monitoring maturity and all our customers profit from the improvements we implement.